The Indiana Economic Forumís mission is to bring together representatives of the various sectors of the metropolitan Indianapolis economy, including industry, commerce, education, government and nonprofit institutions for the purpose of a free exchange of information pertaining to economic and business matters and development in the local economy and in the State of Indiana. Specific purposes, not necessarily all-inclusive, are:
- To appraise short and long-term business and economic trends and development.
- To develop effective communication on research surveys and studies in progress on economic and business oriented subjects.
- To encourage development of new, and improvement of existing, business and economic data and factual information
- To encourage means for improving and expediting communication, coordination and cooperation among business, academic and government sectors of the metropolitan economy and matters pertaining to business and economic ideas, analytical methods, procedures and information.
- To serve as a knowledgeable liaison unit for assembling talent and technical assistance for the preparation of materials, facts and information reports of an economic and business nature.
- To take whatever action is necessary to develop and improve knowledge, which will in turn implement the economic development and growth of the metropolitan area and the State of Indiana.
- To conduct such activities as are appropriate for a non-profit professional society.
- To annually conduct a conference which focuses on topics of economic interest in the metropolitan area and the State of Indiana.